Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My daughter whipped this up for dessert on Easter Sunday. It was delicious and very easy to make. It didn't last long as we all wanted seconds--at least I did. When I went over the next day, it was gone. You use those thin yummy chocolate wafer cookies. They are so good.
- 2 3⁄4 cups heavy cream (chilled)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 36 nabisco famous chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- 2 tablespoons rainbow multicolored sugar nonpareils or 2 tablespoons candy sprinkles
- Whip 1 1/2 cups of the cream, 1/4 cup of the confectioners sugar and the vanilla together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until you have soft peaks.
- Stack 6 cookies on top of each other, spreading about 1 tablespoon whipped cream on top of each wafer, and topping the final wafer in the stack with some whipped cream.
- Repeat until you have 6 stacks of 6 wafers.
- Lay the cookie stack on their sides, next to each other, on a rimmed baking sheet to make a 14" log.
- Wrap the log in plastic wrap and freeze till firm, at least 6 hours.
- When ready, combine the remaining 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, the remaining 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, and the cocoa powder in a medium bowl and whip with mixer until it holds stiff peaks.
- Spread the cocoa whipped cream evenly over the log.
- Loosen the cake from the baking sheet with a wide spatula and carefully transfer to a long serving platter.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 min before slicing.
- Sprinkle the nonpareils just before serving because they might bleed from the moisture.