Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These little cakes are great for dinner parties or children's birthday parties.
- 1 (19 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- Mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in chopped cookies.
- Spoon into 24 paper-lined or lightly greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin pans on wire racks 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Fill pastry bag fitted with rosette tip with frosting.
- Insert tip slightly into tops of cupcakes and squeeze gently to fill cupcakes.
- You can also fill cupcakes by poking a hole in center of cupcakes with top of spoon.
- In place of a pastry bag and tip, fill food plastic food storage bag with frosting; cut off one corner point and squeeze gently to fill cupcakes.
Very yummy!!! These were a huge hit for my son's volcano birthday!! I chose to make homemade frosting with orange food coloring for the molten lava center! :)