Nuttie Moo's Note:
So rich and hevanly! They are a trendy restaurant dessert and have a gooey chocolate inside that oozes out chocolatly goodness!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sheet pan in the middle of the oven for at least 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 2Combine the butter and chocolate in a mixing bowl on top of a pot of simmering water. If you don't have experience melting chocolate then be very careful not to burn the mixture. Never melt chocolate directly over the cooking element.
- 3Heat chocolate mixture until melted and set aside to cool slightly.
- 4Beat the eggs, the egg yolks and the sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes, until they are thick and a light yellow color.
- 5On low speed gradually add the flour and then the chocolate/butter mixture.
- 6Butter the six ramekins (6-8 ounce) and dust with the cocoa. Tap out the excess cocoa but make sure they are well coated.
- 7Pour the Volcano batter into the ramekins filling them about 7/8 of the way to the top.
- 8Place on the pre-heated sheet tray and bake for 15-18 minutes. The consistency when done should be where the edges of the cake are firm and the top is still soft to the touch. Unfortunately, this dessert has very thin line between being under and over done.
- 9Remove from the oven and let sit on a cool surface for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 10Run a paring knife between the cake and ramekin to loosen. Invert your dessert plate over the ramekin (be careful, they're hot) and flip over. Tap the plate lightly and lift off the ramekin. Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream. Garnish with Raspberries and Strawberries.
- 11If the cake runs all over the plate you need to increase the cooking time. If the cake is hard and does not ooze chocolate, lessen the cooking time. If the cake does not come out then make sure it is well buttered and covered in the cocoa.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Volcano Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.4
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 246.2 mg
- Sodium 51.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 11.9 g