Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Excellent dessert for any time - for diabetics or for those trying to cut back on carbs.
- 85.04 g unsweetened chocolate
- 236.59 ml low-fat milk
- 59.14 ml egg substitute
- 118.29 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml Grand Marnier (or Curacao, Triple Sec, or brandy, I used raspberry)
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 709.77 ml sliced berries
- 1 Place chocolate and milk in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until chocolate melts. Set aside.
- 2 Stir together egg substitue, Splenda, cornstarch and liquor in small mixing bowl. Add to choccolate mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mix begins to thicken (about 3 - 4 mins.). Pour into medium bowl.
- 3 Refrigerate 2 - 3 hours. Top with whipped cream and berries to serve.
- 4 Before refrigerating, mix may be blended in food processor or blender for 10 - 20 seconds to whip to creamier texture.
Pretty much followed this recipe, except for leaving out the final cream & berries! I'd used Triple Sec & that, along with the chocolate was enough of a flavor blast for this chocoholic! Very, very enjoyable & easy to put together, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef event] Want to check out PAC? Click on this link = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498