Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Excellent dessert for any time - for diabetics or for those trying to cut back on carbs.
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (or Curacao, Triple Sec, or brandy, I used raspberry)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups sliced berries
- 1 Place chocolate and milk in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until chocolate melts. Set aside.
- 2 Stir together egg substitue, Splenda, cornstarch and liquor in small mixing bowl. Add to choccolate mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mix begins to thicken (about 3 - 4 mins.). Pour into medium bowl.
- 3 Refrigerate 2 - 3 hours. Top with whipped cream and berries to serve.
- 4 Before refrigerating, mix may be blended in food processor or blender for 10 - 20 seconds to whip to creamier texture.
Pretty much followed this recipe, except for leaving out the final cream & berries! I'd used Triple Sec & that, along with the chocolate was enough of a flavor blast for this chocoholic! Very, very enjoyable & easy to put together, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef event] Want to check out PAC? Click on this link = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498