1/1 Photo of Chocolate Velvet Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chocolate Lover's Delight!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (recipe in recipezaar)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- fresh strawberries, if desired
- 1Prepare chocolate crumb crust.
- 2Place oven rack in centre of oven, heat to 350 degrees.
- 3Combine chocolate and butter in top of double boiler, place over hot but not simmering water.
- 4Cook over low heat just until chocolate is completely melted.
- 5Remove top of double boiler from water, stir chocolate mixture until smooth.
- 6Reserve at room temperature uncovered.
- 7Cut cream cheese into 1 inch cubes, place in large mixer bowl.
- 8Beat at medium speed, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until completely smooth.
- 9Gradually beat in chocolate mixture.
- 10Continue beating, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until mixture is smooth and uniformly coloured.
- 11Continue beating while gradually adding cream and vanilla, beat until blended.
- 12Continue beating cheese mixture at medium speed while very slowly adding granulated sugar, beat until sugar is absorbed.
- 13Add eggs, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating well and scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
- 14Sieve cocoa powder over batter, beat at low speed until cocoa is thoroughly incorporated.
- 15Pour batter into cold unbaked chocolate crumb crust, spread top smooth.
- 16Gently rotate pan several quarter turns to settle batter.
- 17Bake 30 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees, continue baking 30 minutes longer.
- 18Turn oven off.
- 19Let cake stand in oven with door ajar 30 minutes.
- 20Transfer pan to wire rack away from drafts.
- 21Let cool undisturbed until sides and bottom of pan are completely cooled to room temperature.
- 22Remove sides of pan.
- 23Refrigerate cake uncovered overnight or at least 8 hours.
- 24Cover cake loosely with plastic wrap, refrigerate until serving time.
- 25Just before serving, Sieve powdered sugar lightly over cake.
- 26Serve garnished with strawberries if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Velvet Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.3
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 412.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 12.5 g