Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These cupcakes are very moist and taste like non-vegan cupcakes. Note: Do not use this recipe as a cake recipe. For some reason the cakes I've made with this recipie have never really turned out right... but the cupcakes are superb!
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (f).
- Mix all of the dry ingerdients together.
- Stir in the wet ingredients.
- Place cupcake wrappers in a cupcake pan, and then fill the wrappers about 1/2 way with the batter.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
I made these exactly as you said to : and they turned out almost identical tp bran muffins - no lie! Nobody could tell the difference. I mean, they're delicious as bran muffins, but...not exactly what I had in mind, you know?