Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
The cocoa in this cheesecake makes a cheesecake to die for. Sounds complicated, but it is not. You will be a star when you serve this one.
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- PREPARE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST--------.
- Mix cracker crumbs, sugar& melted butter.
- Press mixture onto bottom and ½ inch up side of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, ¾ cup sugar, sour cream& 2 teaspoons vanilla in a large bowl; beat on med.
- speed until smooth.
- Add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, blending well.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- COCOA MIXTURE------.
- Combine cocoa and ¼ cup sugar in small bowl.
- Add oil and ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Add 1 ½ cups of the cream cheese mixture; mix until well blended.
- Spoon plain and chocolate mixtures alternately into prepared crust, ending with dollops of chocolate on top; gently swirl with knife for marbled effect.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; do not open the oven door; decrease temp.
- to 250° and continue to bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn off oven.
- Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes without opening the door.
- Remove from oven.
- Loosen cake from side of pan.
- Cool completely.
- Chill thoroughly.
Perfect! I served this to guests today and it was superb. I doubled the base and made it in a 10-inch pan, otherwise I followed the directions exactly. I'm printing the recipe again to give away.