This is a cute recipe to make for a get together or to give out as treats for Valentine's day. It makes a lot! The recipe is adapted from one of my favorite baking blogs, Bake at 350.
- 2 (11 ounce) bags white chocolate chips (I used 22 oz. of white candy melts)
- 2 (12 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- candy valentine heart
- candy sprinkles (I used mainly red, and some small multi-colored)
- Place 3/4ths of the white chocolate chips in a glass or metal bowl. Place over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining white chocolate chips until melted. (If the chocolate is too thick, stir in some Crisco -- about 1 TBSP).
- Stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet, lined with wax paper. (An offset spatula works great.).
- Melt the semisweet chocolate using the same method. (You shouldn't need the Crisco here.)
- Using an offset spatula, gently spread over the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle on the conversation hearts and sprinkles.
- Let set up until hardened. Break into pieces.