Different twist on an Upside-down cake....CHOCOLATE!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 1/2 ounces flaked coconut
- whipping cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt butter or margarine in a 13x9 pan.
- 3Add water and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan.
- 4Arrange coconut and nuts in sugar.
- 5Mix cake as directed on package and pour batter over mixture in pan.
- 6Bake at 350F 45-50 minutes til toothpick comes clean.
- 7let stand in pan 5 minutes for topping to set.
- 8Turn upside down on a large platter or cookie sheet with sides.
- 9Serve topped with whipping cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 421.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g