Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Different twist on an Upside-down cake....CHOCOLATE!
Make and share this Chocolate Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 1⁄2 ounces flaked coconut
- whipping cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter or margarine in a 13x9 pan.
- Add water and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan.
- Arrange coconut and nuts in sugar.
- Mix cake as directed on package and pour batter over mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350F 45-50 minutes til toothpick comes clean.
- let stand in pan 5 minutes for topping to set.
- Turn upside down on a large platter or cookie sheet with sides.
- Serve topped with whipping cream if desired.
this took liteally 10 minutes to throw together, so it is a great idea when you're in a hurry , or need a last minute dessert. i love the idea of dressing up a boxed cake mix. thanks laurie