1 hr 5 mins
Chef #241374's Note:
WARNING: Chocoholics will FREAK over this. You have to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1In a small saucepan, heat water and butter until butter is melted. S.
- 2tir in brown sugar; mix well.
- 3Pour into a greased 13x9 inch cake pan.
- 4Sprinkle with coconut, chips, pecans and marshmallows.
- 5Prepare cake batter according to directions; carefully pour over marshmallows.
- 6Bake at 325F for 55-60 minute or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 minute before inverting onto a platter.
- 8Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.2
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 420.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 55.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g