Recipe by Roberta Hughes
Chocolate lover's delight
Top Review by Dee2
I made this pie two different times. The first time, I followed the directions exactly. It didn't set up very well, and didn't make a very nice presentation. When I made it a second time, while the pudding was still hot I added chocolate chips. I stirred until melted. The pie turned out awesome. This is a very easy to follow recipe. My family enjoyed this.
- 1 baked and cooled 9 inch pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 1 chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 container Cool Whip Topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour ice cream topping into pie shell; you may have to tilt the shell around so the topping spreads evenly .
- Arrange pecans on the topping and chill 15-20 minutes .
- While chilling, combine pie filling mix and milk in a saucepan; blend well .
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil .
- Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes , stirring twice .
- Pour over nuts in pie shell.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours .
- Serve with a dollop of cool whip on top .
- This is also good if you stir 1-2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips into the pudding once cooled and before spreading it over the pecans .
- Really rich, though .