Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in a holiday cookbook a couple of years ago. Easy to make and doesn't last long when company comes.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate or 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crusts
- caramel ice cream topping
- Combine eggs, sweetened condensed milk and butter; mix well. Stir in nuts and morsels.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with caramel topping.
VERY RICH!! Made in a 9 oz crust and added 3/4 cup pecans (all I had) and it came out perfect in 35 minutes. We decided to add the caramel to each serving since I put way more than DH does (and he adds a little drizzle of chocolate syrup too). Made for Week 4 Footbal Pool win, 2011.
Excellent pie, that was enjoyed by averyone tonight. As for the baking time mine was done in 40 minutes. Great combo of flavors here,ie : caramel ice cream, milk chocolate, and pecans. Will save this one. Made for you win in Football Pool.
This reminded me of a chocolate pecan pie with a custard filling on bottom. I could not get the knife to come out clean near the center until 52 minutes at 350 degrees. I think next time I make it, I won't worry about the knife coming out clean and will take it out of the oven when it is still a little wobbly (like a cheesecake) in the center because once it cools, I'm sure it would set. I think, at 52 minutes, my pie was a little over-cooked--great taste though and a dessert I would make again. It is rich and the pecans, chocolate chips and condensed milk make a wonderful combination for the taste buds. Thanks, Maryland Jim!