Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sounds good to me!
- cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- caramel sauce, in a squeeze bottle with a very small tip
- chocolate syrup
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka (recommended -- Stoli Vanilla)
- 2 ounces white Creme de Cacao
- 2 ounces praline new orleans style pecan liqueur
- crushed ice
- roasted pecan halves, for garnish
- roughly chopped chocolate square, for garnish
- Sweeten the cocoa powder to your liking by mixing the cocoa and powdered sugar.
- Take a large martini glass and very carefully coat the rim in caramel sauce from the squeeze bottle, being careful not to let it drip too far down the sides.
- Then, dip the entire rim of the glass into the sweetened cocoa powder, being sure to coat all of the caramel.
- The desired effect is a chocolate dusted caramel rim.
- You can also put just a drop of chocolate syrup at the bottom of the glass for color.
- Shake the vodka, creme de cacao and praline liqueur in a martini shaker with ice to chill.
- Fill the martini glass nearly full with crushed or shaved ice, being careful not to touch the rim.
- Strain the drink into the martini glass.
- Garnish atop the floating ice with a roasted pecan half and a small piece of chopped chocolate.
- Or you can garnish it with a half of a Turtle candy by making an incision and hanging it on the rim of the glass.
- Also, if you prefer your martini to LOOK dark like chocolate, I would use the dark creme de cacao, however, the garnish will stand out more when the drink is more translucent.