Recipe by TasteTester
I found several recipes for chocolate turtle cheesecake here, but this one has a few different ingredients, so I'm posting it. It comes from Kraft Foods. NOTE: There is an additional 4 hours needed for refrigerating the cheesecake after it is cooked.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is so creamy and not too rich! I made as is and also did a little drizzle of caramel on top. Wasn't sure how much I needed to stir the chocolate into the cheesecake so I just did a little and made it look marbled. DH and I really enjoyed this!!! Made for PRMR.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 50)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 32 Kraft caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened (4 packages)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided (8 squares)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300°.
- Mix wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup nuts, and butter; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on medium (50%) 4 to 5 minutes or until caramels are melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 2 minutes. Pour over crust; spread to within 1 inch of edge. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in larage bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Melt 7 chocolate squares. Stir into cream cheese batter; pour over caramel layer.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool, and refrigerate 4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining nuts just before serving. Melt remaining chocolate square; drizzle over cheesecake.
- (Note: You can save 60 calories and 8 grams of fat per serving by preparing with neufchatel cream cheese and reducted fat or light sour cream.).