Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 32 caramel candies
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, divided
- Heat oven to 300*.
- Mix wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup nuts and butter; press onto bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on medium 4 to 5 minute or until caramels are melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 2 minute.
- Pour over crust; spread to within 1 inch of edge. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs; 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each; just until blended.
- Melt 7 chocolate squares.
- Stir into cream cheese batter; pour over caramel layer.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts just befor serving. Melt remaining chocolate square; drizzle over cheesecake.