Recipe by Missy in Montana
My mom absolutely loves cheesecake and those chocolate turtle candies, so one year for her birthday I found this recipe online. I was probably 14 years old. I planned ahead and bought all the ingredients myself. Then I had my aunt suggest that we all go for a walk on her birthday afternoon. After a while my grandma said she was tired so I offered to go home with her. We made the cheesecake together while they were out and surprised her. Since then I have made this cheesecake for my moms birthday many times and she always loves it.
- 2 cups graham crackers
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush grahm crackers and mix with 1/3 cup sugar and the butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt caramels with evap. milk in double boiler pan until smooth. (if you dont have a double boiler you can use a small pan for the caramels set in a larger pot of boiling water.).
- Pour into crust and top with pecans.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Mix in melted chocolate.
- Pour over pecans and caramel.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes, loosen spring pan, cool and chill.