Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is "Oh, sooooooo yummy!" One of my family's favorites!
- 198.44 g package caramels
- 59.14 ml evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans, divided
- 1 9-inch chocolate pie crust
- 2 (170.09 g) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 295.73 ml milk
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 118.29 ml fudge sauce
- Using a heavy saucepan, heat caramels and evaporated milk over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Add 1/2 C chopped pecans.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and milk in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add pudding and blend about 30 seconds more.
- Pour pudding mixture over caramel mixture in pie pan evenly.
- Chill loosely covered, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle fudge topping over pie and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Chill loosely covered until ready to serve.
This was very easy to make & fairly quick. I loved the crust, however I thought the filling was lacking something. My husband thought it tasted to "cheesy" & I thought there the chocholate taste wasn't rich enough. It wasn't firm enough for my taste as well (perhaps I did not measure the milk carefully enough?) When I went to serve leftovers the next day it was a bit runny. With some tweaking it could be very good.
Tom makes this about once a year... it's AMAZING... yum! Well worth the time that goes into it!