Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of the tasty desert! Got this from an "Easy Everyday Cooking" card.
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup fudge sauce
- Place caramels and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan. Heat over medium low, stirring continually; until smooth, about five minutes. Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans. Pour into nine inch piecrust.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and milk in a blender. Process until smooth. Add pudding mix; process for about 30 seconds longer.
- Pour pudding mixture over caramel layer, covering evenly. Chill loosely covered, until set, about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle fudge topping over pudding layer in a decorative pattern. Sprinkle top layer of cake with remaining pecans. Chill, loosely covered, until serving time.