Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very rich and sinful desert that is quick and easy to make. A recipe passed on to me by my mother.
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix as directed.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter in a 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- In a double boiler, add caramels, milk and butter and stir constantly till melted.
- Pour melted caramel over cooling cake.
- Sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
- Pour remaining batter on top and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
I absolutely love making this cake! instead of using 2 cups of pecans I only use one. on the inside of the cake I put about 3/4 a cup of the chocolate chips and 3/4 a cup of the pecans and then I top the cake with the rest of the pecans and chocolate chips and a drizzle of the Carmel
Where is the recipe for the frosting?
LOVE the l ingredients of this cake and want to make it. I noticed the recipe calls for 2 cups of pecans but I only saw where you add one cup of the pecans. Please advise.<br/>Sherry in Knoxvillle TN