This is a very rich and sinful desert that is quick and easy to make. A recipe passed on to me by my mother.
- Prepare cake mix as directed.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter in a 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- In a double boiler, add caramels, milk and butter and stir constantly till melted.
- Pour melted caramel over cooling cake.
- Sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
- Pour remaining batter on top and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
LOVE the l ingredients of this cake and want to make it. I noticed the recipe calls for 2 cups of pecans but I only saw where you add one cup of the pecans. Please advise.<br/>Sherry in Knoxvillle TN
LOVE this. I made this for my hubby's 31st birthday since he loves any kind of turtle dessert. I used Betty Crocker's Gluten Free Devil Food Cake, which is half the size of regular cake mix, so I halved the recipe.
I love this Turtle Cake recipe. I've tried many and this one has it all; moist, decadent, delicious, chocolately goodness. It's great for a crowd because a little bit goes a long way. Love it! Thanks for sharing!!