(for the filo.. lay it on a damp towel covered with plastic wrap once opened to keep it from drying out. Place one on top as well.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2Lay one sheet of filo, long side in front of you, on a flat surface and brush with melted butter.
- 3Place another on top and brush with more butter.
- 4Repeat once more.
- 5Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 6Cut into 4 strips for the large sheets, and 2 strips for the smaller sheets.
- 7Spoon a heaping teaspoon chips into the lower corner of each piece.
- 8Fold other lower corner over the chips and continue folding as you would a flag until you end up with a triangle shaped pastry.
- 9Repeat with remaining chips and dough.
- 10Brush the tops with butter.
- 11Place pastries on a lightly greased pan.
- 12Bake for 15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 13Once cooled melt the remaining chips and the shortening in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- 14Drizzle chocolate over cooled pastries.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 151.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g