Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
(for the filo.. lay it on a damp towel covered with plastic wrap once opened to keep it from drying out. Place one on top as well.)
- Heat oven to 400.
- Lay one sheet of filo, long side in front of you, on a flat surface and brush with melted butter.
- Place another on top and brush with more butter.
- Repeat once more.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cut into 4 strips for the large sheets, and 2 strips for the smaller sheets.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon chips into the lower corner of each piece.
- Fold other lower corner over the chips and continue folding as you would a flag until you end up with a triangle shaped pastry.
- Repeat with remaining chips and dough.
- Brush the tops with butter.
- Place pastries on a lightly greased pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled melt the remaining chips and the shortening in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Drizzle chocolate over cooled pastries.
I basically just used this recipe as a concept so I am not assigning stars. That said, I really enjoyed what came out! I used a mister of olive oil instead of butter. I also cut the phyllo into 3 parts (because I was having a hard time cutting into fourths). I just dumped a few semi-sweet chips in and then folded into triangles. (I'm getting better at that!) Then I sprayed the tops with more olive oil and shook some cinnamon sugar on top (omitting the cinnamon earlier). Then I cooked for the recommended time but did not melt the chocolate for the top. Thanks so much for an idea to work from. I appreciate it!