Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A delicious moist bundt cake with a cream cheese filling in the middle topped with a delicious chocolate glaze! :)
Top Review by razzintaz
Fudgy yummy goodness! If you don't like coconut, then don't use it. We did not use nuts do to allergies. Because of this I put more than half of better in pan before putting in the filling. My filling sank to the bottom while baking, but it turned out good. It took closer to 1 hour 45 minutes to bake. Thank you! Another winner from Kittencal!!
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup very strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 -3 tablespoon very hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a bowl, beat 2 cups sugar with oil and and 2 eggs at high speed of an electric mixer, for 1 minute.
- Combine flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another small bowl, combine the coffee with the buttermilk.
- Add the flour mixture and the coffee mixture to the oil mixture; beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in nuts and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Pour half of the cake mixture into the prepared bundt pan.
- in another bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed until fluffy; gradually add in 1/4 cup sugar, and the remaining egg; beat just until blended.
- Stir in remaining 1 tsp vanilla, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Spoon over cake batter in pan, leaving 1/2-inch border around the center and the edge of the pan.
- Top with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- To make glaze: Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in powdered sugar, and 1 Tbsp water and the 2 tsp vanilla, mix until smooth, adding more water if necessary to achieve desired consistancy for glaze.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake.