Recipe by REDSKY
Delicious chocolate truffles, loved by all of my family and friends. You may wish to use sweet cases also known as mini muffin cases, as hen the truffels are coated in chocolate they can make a mess.
- 500 g milk chocolate (not cooking)
- 300 g chocolate (not cooking, dairy milk any cheap chocolate)
- 10 fluid ounces double cream (elmle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the 500g of milk chocolate in a glass bowl.
- Slowly heat the cream.
- Remove both from heat.
- Pour the cream into the bowl of chocolate and mix well together (this may take a couple of minutes).
- You can add a cap of alcohol at this point (whiskey, brandy champagne).
- Put into the fridge until solid or overnight.
- Roll the hardened truffle into balls, you could put them back in the fridge if you wish to re harden if they have gone a little softer.
- Melt the dark chocolate but not all at once.
- Roll the truffle balls in the plain chocolate you must be quick because the chocolate can go lumpy if too hot (using teaspoons), and drop them into a sweet cases.
- When all of your balls are done, put them back in the fridge to harden the outer chocolate or if in a rush you can use your freezer.
- When hard they are ready to eat.