1/2 Photos of Chocolate Truffles With Liqueur
1 hr 20 mins
Decadent chocolate truffles, made even more sinful with the addition of your favourite liqueur. The yield will depend on how small you roll the truffles; I get at least 15 usually.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature (not margarine)
- 3 tablespoons liqueur (I particularly recommend Chambord, Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Frangelico, and Sabra ( a ch)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted through a sieve to remove lumps
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for coating or rolling
- 1In microwave using medium-low power, melt chocolate in a medium-sized bowl-- the length of time this will take will depend on the strength of your microwave, but expect it to take at least 1 minute.
- 2Whisk in butter and egg yolk until blended; then whisk in liqueur and icing sugar until smooth.
- 3Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
- 4Shape mixture into small balls, roll balls in cocoa, then place in tiny foil or paper cups.
- 5The above will be a messy job on your hands-- they will get quite chocolatey; if mixture gets too soft, return it to the fridge to stiffen up again.
- 6Keep truffles refrigerated in a covered container; remove from fridge about 30 minutes before serving to take the chill off them.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffles With Liqueur
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.3
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g