Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Saw this on the Barefoot Contessa Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Yield: 60 truffles
Make and share this Chocolate Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- Chop the chocolates finely with a sharp knife.
- Place them in a heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just boils.
- Turn off the heat and allow the cream to sit for 20 seconds.
- Pour the cream through a fine-meshed sieve into the bowl with chocolate.
- With a wire whisk, slowly stir the cream and chocolates together until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Whisk in the Grand Marnier, if using, coffee, and vanilla.
- Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- With 2 teaspoons, spoon round balls of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm.
- Roll each dollop of chocolate in your hands to roughly make a round ball.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, or both.
- These will keep refrigerated for weeks, but serve at room temperature.
These came out so good we couldn't stop eating them and will have to make a second batch! I used a ziplock bag and a mallet to break up each bar, mixed in the cream and then put it over a saucepan full of almost boiling water to melt the chocolate the rest of the way (chopping it by hand was very time consuming) I didn't have parchment paper so used buttered foil and they came off easily. The timing was perfect, in an hour they were ready to drop, in three hours they were hard enough to roll but not so hard you couldn't make a nice ball with them. Found if I wiped my hands off every few times while making the balls they formed much easier, also the teaspoon size balls came out looking better than those we eyeballed for size. We dipped them in both powdered sugar and then cocoa powder. We didn't have grand marnier so I used Chambord, mmmm. Creamy and decadent, these will make great gifts.
What great orange flavor!! We did cheat a bit on this one...Substituted Grand Mariner with 2 tbls of orange juice concentrate and 1/2 tsp of orange extract. These came out perfect!! A welcome addition to our holiday goodie tray. Thanks so much for posting.
just made these as a request will let you know how they were recieved, but very simple recipe and i had all the ingredients in the house.