Saw this on the Barefoot Contessa Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Yield: 60 truffles
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the chocolates finely with a sharp knife.
- 2Place them in a heat-proof mixing bowl.
- 3Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just boils.
- 4Turn off the heat and allow the cream to sit for 20 seconds.
- 5Pour the cream through a fine-meshed sieve into the bowl with chocolate.
- 6With a wire whisk, slowly stir the cream and chocolates together until the chocolate is completely melted.
- 7Whisk in the Grand Marnier, if using, coffee, and vanilla.
- 8Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 9With 2 teaspoons, spoon round balls of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 10Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm.
- 11Roll each dollop of chocolate in your hands to roughly make a round ball.
- 12Roll in confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, or both.
- 13These will keep refrigerated for weeks, but serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (714 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: