Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favourite in my family. It's in my school cookbook, but I add a little extra!
- 50 g margarine (or butter)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 100 g icing sugar
- 100 g chocolate, strands
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- 50 g of chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt the margarine/butter in a saucepan.
- Pour into a bowl and add cocoa and flavourings (flavourings optional).
- Sieve icing sugar in with the mixture and stir until all of it is mixed in well.
- If the mixture is too runny, add more icing sugar to gain a soft but not sticky consistency.
- Divide mixture into equal sized pieces and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in the strands.