Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I haven't tried this yet...different.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate or 1 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts
- In a small saucepan, scald the cream over medium heat.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, add the hot cream and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Add the liqueur and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Using a small scoop or teaspoon, scoop up about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture and quickly roll into a ball about 1-inch in diameter.
- Roll in the chopped peanuts to coat on all sides.
- Place on a sheet tray covered in parchment or waxed paper and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm and ready to serve. (Alternatively, place in an airtight container and separate the layers of truffles with parchment paper.).