Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I wish I could claim this as my own, but in fact it came from the December 2004 edition of "Real Simple" magazine. Although it calls for "Coffee liqueur" in the recipe, I've made it with many different types from Kahlua and Baileys to more exotic like Amarula and more. Experiment, you'll love the results!
- Chop both chocolate's coarsely and set to the side.
- In large saucepan, mix and cream and instant coffee until the edges begin to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted and mixed inches.
- Leave sit for 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla and your choice of liqueur and stir until mixed inches.
- Cool for approx 15 minutes, then cover with wrap and move to fridge for a minimum of 4 hours. (will keep in this state for a week.).
- After cooling, use a spoon, cookie scoop or melon baller to create 1 inch balls.
- Place balls on parchment lined cookie sheet, and refrigerate another 15 minutes.
- Roll balls in cocoa powder, and place on wax paper.
- Can be refrigerated again, and are best eaten at room temperature (although I love popping them out of the fridge and into my mouth!).