Recipe by Momneets
This is like a taste of heaven. I love dark chocolate and these truffles are so easy to make and melt in your mouth...a definite winner with everyone who pops one in their mouth!
- 8 tablespoons double cream
- 175 g good quality chocolate, chopped
- 25 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 15 g sifted cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the double cream in a heavy based small pan. Place the pan over a low heat; slowly bring the cream to the boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the plain chocolate pieces. Stir in the butter cubes until melted. Stir in the brandy or rum until the mixture is competely smooth and glossy.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a bowl. Leave to stand for about 15 mins or until cool, You can speed this up by placing the bowl in the firdge for 5 minutes Whisk with a balloon whisk or an electric mixer until the mixture holds its shape. If it is too soft, chill in the fridge for 15 mins; whisk again.
- Spoon 20 heabed teaspoonfuls of the mixture on to baking trays lined with baking parchment. Chill in the fridge for at least one and a half hours or until very firm. Place the cocoa powder (or other coating ingredient) on a separate plate.
- Using your fingertips, press the mixture into balls. Roll each truffle quickly between the palms of your hands to smooth over the surface. Gently roll in one of the coatings. Chill for 2 hours until firm. Cover; store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.