Recipe by MaryMc
These are the best homemade ones I've ever had!
Top Review by Chef Schaefer
Brought these to a Wine tasting party! I made assorted flavors by rolling them if flavored hot cocoa mixes. We had Chocolate Raspberry & Caramel. I also rolled some in chopped macadamia nut, dipped some in dark choclate and rolled some in chocolate candy pieces.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- unsweetened cocoa (optional)
- walnuts, finely-chopped (optional)
- shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until well-blended.
- Add melted chocolate chips and vanilla and mix well.
- Refrigerate about one hour.
- Shape into one-inch balls. Roll in cocoa, walnuts or coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Variation: To flavor truffles with liqueur, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 Tbl. liqueur to each third. Mix well.