Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
Simple, yet delicious. Outstanding chocolate flavor.
Top Review by CandyTX
These are a bit of work, he had to refrigerate longer and then reheat and refrigerate again to get them to form up, but when they did... oh man! So far he's made some with cherry flavored burbon... yummy! I may need new pants if this keeps up!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Baileys Irish Cream or 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon Frangelico or 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream and sugar to a scald.
- Stir in butter.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Stir in liquor.
- Refrigerate slightly, bring to room temperature, whip if desired to create a lighter truffle filling or leave as is for a chewy version.
- Pipe or scoop out into a 1 inch ball.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then serve.
- Options: Roll finished, refrigerated chocolate truffles in melted coating chocolate, ground nuts of your choice or in cocoa powder.