5 hrs 45 mins
We bought a large torte pan with a removeable bottom just for this recipe. It can be made in a springform cheese cake pan, but it looks much nicer in the classic torte shape. This a very rich desert from all of the eggs in it. This is a diet breaker!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast pecans in oil until brown.
- 2Course grind tosted pecans.
- 3Combine pecans, graham cracker crumbs and butter and 2 tbsp sugar to make crust.
- 4Press crust mixture into the bottom and sides of a large torte pan or 9in sprinform pan.
- 5Bake crust at 350 deg F for 5 minute.
- 6In a small sauce pan combine chocolate chips and whipping cream.
- 7Stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted.
- 8In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, flour and 3/4 cup of sugar.
- 9Beat mixture 10 min or until mixture is thick.
- 10Fold in 1/4 of chocolate mixture to temper the egg mixture.
- 11Fold in remaining chocolate mixture.
- 12Pour mixture into crust.
- 13Bake at 350 deg F for 45 min or until it puffs up 1/2 way to the center.
- 14Cool for 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffle Torte
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.2
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.3 mg
- Sodium 87.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g