Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is from the Land O'Lakes website. I made this for Christmas Eve and it was an instant hit. So easy to make!! I cooked it for 50 minutes and will check it next time at 45 minutes and watch it.
- 1 1⁄3 cups crumbled shortbread cookies (24 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup land o lakes butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate-covered toffee bits
- 3⁄4 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup land o lakes heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate-covered toffee bits
- Heat oven to 325°F Combine all crust ingredients in small bowl. Press onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan with removable bottom. **You may have to use a few more cookies depending on size of pan. Bake 4 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add melted chocolate, eggs and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Stir in 3/4 cup toffee bits. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust. Continue baking for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan 1 hour. Remove from pan; place onto serving plate.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in small bowl. Place whipping cream in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat (2 to 3 minutes). Pour whipping cream over chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes; stir until smooth. Cool until mixture falls in ribbons off spoon (about 1 hour). Spread over top of cheesecake; sprinkle outer rim of cheesecake with 1/4 cup toffee bits. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.