Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great recipe for a shower, tea, or just anytime. You can make the tartlets ahead of time and freeze. Just add the cream filling just before serving. A good friend gave me this recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add 3/4 cup cocoa and 1 cup sugar, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in flour and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In small mixer bowl, beat egg whites with 1 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks form; gradually fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon batter into small foil muffin cups. Bake 5-6 minutes, or just until puffed and rounded on top. Cool on wire racks. At this point, you may freeze the tartlets.
- To make chocolate cream filling:
- In mixer bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa. Add cold whipping cream and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla; beat on low speed of electric mixer to combine. Beat on high speed until stiff. Pipe onto thawed chocolate truffle tartlets. This makes 24 - 36 tartlets, depending on the size of your foil cups.