Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1⁄3 cup toasted sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- To prepare crust: Combine crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl until blended. Press mixture into a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Cool crust completely in pan on a rack.
- To prepare truffle filling: Combine chocolate and cream in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur. Pour truffle filling over crust. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.