Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
THE BEST CHOCOLATE SAUCE ON EARTH!!! This is the only recipe I use (from Elinor Klivan's Bake and Freeze Chocolate Desserts), and it is just marvelous. The thick, fudgy, and gooey nature of this sauce will make your mouth water! *Prep time is cooking time.*
Top Review by Marie Nixon
I was disappointed in this sauce at first. I thought it was not thick, fudgey or gooey but then I let it sit at room temperature for about an hour and the sauce thickened up beautifully! It was wonderfully glossy, too. It is not a real sweet chocolate sauce which I think is good because it is most likely going to be served with something that is very sweet such as ice cream or cake, etc. Plan ahead when you make this. You need to give it time to set up. As an aside, I met Elinor Klivan several years ago and she was a gracious, lovely lady.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the butter and heavy cream in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until the cream is hot and the butter is melted (the cream will form tiny bubbles).
- Do not let the mixture boil.
- Remove pan from heat; add the chocolate and let it soften in the hot cream for about 30 seconds.
- Add the vanilla and whisk until the sauce is smooth and all the chocolate is melted.