Recipe by daisygrl64
Indulge in this truffle like pudding to satisfy chocolate craving. I have not yet made this recipe, but the photo in my Land-O-Lakes Cookbooks looks so delicious. Note:Refrigerating time is cooking time
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- in 2 qt saucepan stir together milk and whipping cream, cook over med heat until warm (3 to 5 min).
- in small bowl stir together sugar 3 tablespoons cocoa and cornstarch.
- gradually add milk mixture.
- add remaining ingredients
- continue cooking, stirring constantly until pudding just begins to thicken (5 to 10 min).
- pour pudding into 6 or 8 individual dessert dishes.
- cool for 30 minutes, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- pipe with sweetened whipping cream.
- top with zest of orange peel and sprinkle with cocoa.