1/2 Photos of Chocolate Truffle Loaf
3 hrs 20 mins
Its amazing that something so decadent can be so easy to prepare! I gobbled it up at a pot luck last nite & searched for the recipe on the Kraft website this morning. The cook time is freezer time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line 8 x 4 inch (1. 5 L) loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- 2Mix 1/2 cup whipping cream with egg yolks.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Heat chocolate, corn syrup and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.
- 5Add egg mixture; cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly; cool to room temperature.
- 6Beat the remaining whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla, until stiff peaks form; gently stir in chocolate mixture until no streaks remain& pour into prepared pan.
- 7Refrigerate overnight (my preference) or freeze 3 hours.
- 8Invert Chocolate Truffle Loaf onto serving plate; remove pan and peel off plastic wrap.
- 9Serve plain, with a wee dollop of whipped cream or with raspberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffle Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.0
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 60.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g