Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from a cookbook years ago.
- 16 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Heat 15 squares of the chocolate, margarine and milk in a large heavy saucepan on low.
- Whisk in the eggs; cook 1 minute keep stirring then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Stir in 2 3/4 cup whipped topping.
- Pour into a 8x4 inch loaf pan lined with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 6 hours, overnight, or freeze 3 hours until firm.
- Invert pan onto serving plate; remove plastic wrap.
- Melt remaining 1 square chocolate; drizzle over dessert.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.