Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Luscious chocolate truffle frosting for chocolate cakes. Dust the frosted cake with cocoa powder for a beautiful, velvety finish. Makes enough to cover a 8-10 cm high cake baked in a 22 cm round cake tin, so if you're making a big cake, you might want to make a double batch.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- When the chocolate has melted, add the butter and stir until the butter melts.
- Allow the mixture to cool a bit.
- Add the whipped cream, the powdered sugar and cognac or coffee (if using), stir to combine.
- If the frosting is very liquid-y at this point, let it sit in the fridge until it becomes thicker and spreadable.
- Frost your cake and transfer to the fridge, allow the frosting to set before serving.