Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Simple & Delicious magazine. It looks delicious but fairly quick to prepare. Very elegant in appearance. Yes, it really does call for 3 tablespoons vanilla (there's even an editor's note confirming that)! The times don't include cooling and chilling times. Can be made the day before serving.
- 1 (20 ounce) package brownie mix (8 inch pan size box)
- 1 egg (or however many mix requires)
- 1⁄4 cup water (or however much mix requires)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (or however much mix requires)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 14 -16 pirouette cookies, cut into 1 1/2 inch long pieces
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, using egg, water, and oil. Pour into a greased 9-inch round springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet, transfer to oven, and bake at 350* F for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a food processer and process until finely chopped. In a small microwave safe bowl, combine 1 cup cream, butter, and coffee granules. Microwave until butter is melted, about 1-1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- With food processor running, add butter mixture to the chocolate in a steady, slow stream. Add vanilla and process until smooth.
- Fill a pastry decorating bag with 1/4 cup chocolate mixture and set aside. Transfer remaining mixture to a large bowl.
- Remove sides from springform pan. Spread top and sides of the brownie evenly with half of the chocolate mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Fold carefully into remaining chocolate mixture until evenly mixed. Spread over chocolate layer on brownie.
- Gently press cookie pieces close together and vertically against sides of brownie.
- Pipe reserved chocolate mixture into little rosettes around top.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 5 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.