1/5 Photos of Chocolate Truffle Crumb Bars
mary winecoff's Note:
I needed to make a quick chocolate cookie to send to my godchild for her birthday. She is in college now (I feel so old) and she thought these were "the bomb" (her quote). I got this recipe from Camilla Saulsbury's Cake Mix Cookies book. Obviously, it travels well. Rich with a cake mix crust. I may have spent 10 minutes mixing these up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, place the cake mix, melted butter and egg.
- 4Blend 1 to 2 minutes with mixer set on medium speed until crumbly.
- 5Set aside 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- 6Firmly press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of pan.
- 7Bake 15 minutes.
- 8In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of the chocolate chips and condensed milk.
- 9Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 11Spread over hot crust.
- 12Stir walnuts and remaining 1 cup chocolate chips into reserved crumb mixture.
- 13Sprinkle over chocolate filling.
- 14Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until topping is firm to the touch.
- 15Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- 16Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffle Crumb Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.1
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 226.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g