1/5 Photos of Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake (Death by Chocolate!)
1 hr 20 mins
If you love chocolate, this is the dessert for you! WORTH the effort! Wonderful served with a cup of coffee! ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- 2Press onto the bottom and 1 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9 inch springform pan
- 3Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- 4Cool on a wire rack.
- 5Reduce heat to 325.
- 6In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- 7Remove from the heat; add cream and mix well; set aside.
- 8In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- 9Add cocoa and beat well.
- 10Add eggs; beat on low just until combined.
- 11Stir in vanilla and reserved chocolate mixture just until blended.
- 12Pour over crust.
- 13Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 14For topping, melt chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- 15Remove from the heat.
- 16Stir in cream and vanilla; mix well.
- 17Spread over filling.
- 18Refrigerate overnight.
- 19Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen.
- 20Remove the sides of the pan.
- 21Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and miniature chocolate kisses if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake (Death by Chocolate!)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.5
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 337.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g