Recipe by LuuvBunny
This is wonderful simple cake to make. I got this from a Kraft magazine. I used about 1 cup of chocolate chips instead of the squares of chocolate. I added Cool Whip to the top after it was cooled and then chocolate shavings on top of that.
Top Review by jackieliz
Very rich and creamy. I made a graham cracker crust with slivered almonds mixed in instead of the chocolate crust to try and offset the richness of the chocolate and it was great. My husband couldn't get enough.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookies, baking crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted & slightly cooled
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs & butter; press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar & vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Add eggs one at a time; mix just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until centre is almost set.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.