Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is wonderful simple cake to make. I got this from a Kraft magazine. I used about 1 cup of chocolate chips instead of the squares of chocolate. I added Cool Whip to the top after it was cooled and then chocolate shavings on top of that.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookies, baking crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted & slightly cooled
- 3 eggs
- Combine crumbs & butter; press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar & vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Add eggs one at a time; mix just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until centre is almost set.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Very rich and creamy. I made a graham cracker crust with slivered almonds mixed in instead of the chocolate crust to try and offset the richness of the chocolate and it was great. My husband couldn't get enough.
I am making this for Christmas Dinner in 2 wks, but wanted to say it REALLY sounds AWESOME!! My DH HATES cheesecake unless it has chocolate in it. I am going to add a dollop of whipped cream on top and as suggested, drizzle some chocolate over it. Thanks in advance! 12/28 MAde this .. Super easy! Very very dense and rich in flavor.. I suggest serving ONLY small slices and a bit of whip cream on top.
Made this for a family gathering & it was a big hit....very easy to make & tastes great!!