Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Family Time Daily Dish.
- 1 3⁄4 cups nestles toll house premier white chocolate chips or 1 3⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup nestles toll house NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups fresh strawberries or 2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- whipped topping, for garnish
- FOR TRUFFLE CAKE:.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan. Melt 1 cup milk chocolate morsels and butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- BEAT eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl. Blend in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove side of pan.
- FOR GLAZE:.
- MELT remaining milk chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels and peanut butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
I made this for a small restaurant where I work. I didn't make the strawberry sauce, and we didn't have butterscotch chips so I substituted more chocolate chips for the glaze. We sold it as "Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte" because it came out quite flat, but it was great! The cake smelled like a brownie and the chocolate/PB topping was divine. It needs plenty of time to set up in the refrigerator.