This recipe is from the magazine India Today Woman Making A Difference. My mouth is watering as I'm typing this delicious recipe. Please try it immediately. Your kids will love you for this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Line a baking tray with grease proof paper (non-stick paper).
- 3In a wide bowl, beat the eggs, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- 4Fold in the sugar and mix well.
- 5Add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- 6Fold in the wheat flour and mix thoroughly.
- 7Bake at 180C i.e. until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This takes 40 to 50 minutes. Note: If you are using 2 cake tins, 20 to 30 minutes may be enough.
- 8Remove the cake from the tray.
- 9Cut into three layers.
- 10Now, apply a layer of chocolate truffle, between each layer of cake.
- 11Cool the cake completely.
- 12Once the cake is down to room temperature, refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- 13Remove the cake from the tin (Note: The cake is sticky and difficult to cut when it is warm).
- 14Carefully, remove the crusted surface on the top of the cake.
- 15Add the cream as a frosting.
- 16Serve with a smile.
- 17To prepare the Tart:.
- 18Firstly, to prepare the crust, beat the egg in a wide bowl.
- 19Add butter and sugar and mix well. Allow it to become a creamy mixture.
- 20Fold in the wheat flour and stir it slowly.
- 21To prepare the custard, in a pot, boil milk alongwith sugar.
- 22Add the custard powder and mix well till it turns into a thick paste.
- 23Pour the paste into the tart moulds.
- 24Bake at 180C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 25Remove from the oven.
- 26Allow it to cool.
- 27Once cooled, add the whipped cream and stir it so that there are no knots.
- 28Decorate with assorted fruits and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffle Cake With Fresh Fruit Tart
Serving Size: 1 (1722 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5296.8
- Calories from Fat 2652
- Total Fat 294.7 g
- Saturated Fat 177.7 g
- Cholesterol 1110.1 mg
- Sodium 2622.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 653.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 78.7 g
- Sugars 304.2 g
- Protein 110.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: