Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Boy, the title says it all! This cake is not for dieters. This is a serious cake! This is a beautiful cake, and the taste is amazing. This is so perfect for special occasions,which includes any day. After all, aren't you worth it? This calls for a springform pan(8-inch). I have not made this with anything but a springfrom pan, but I suppose you could do it as a layer or 13x9-inch. Just mind the baking time, and adjust that. Times are approximate.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter (2 1/2 sticks)
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup cold whipping cream (1/2 pint)
- chocolate curls (optional)
- Heat oven to 425° Grease bottom of 8inch springform pan.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa and 1 cup of sugar, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat; cool slightly.Stir in flour and vanilla. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl until soft peaks form; gradually fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm (center will be soft). Cool completely on wire rack(cake will sink slightly in the center as it cools). Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate cake at least 6 hours.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl until soft peaks form; spread over top of cake. Cut cake while cold, but let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.