Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tastes just like a chocolate truffle. So good.
- Mix 8 eggs and pinch of salt and beat for 5 minutes.
- Melt 3 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of butter on medium heat.
- Cool slightly. Fold chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake 325 for 40 minutes or until set.
- Cool. Wrap cake and pan in plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight.
- Dip pan in hot water for a few seconds to remove, Invert in serving tray.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup heavy cream. (Heat the cream and pour over the chips) stir until chips are melted. Spread over cake.
Fantastic!! This is such a rich and delicious cake. I used cocoa powder instead of flour for dusting the pan -- a little bit of extra chocolate can't be bad, right?! :) Definite keeper. Thanks for sharing!
OMG this is so rich and decadent!!! Made as is except instead of using a greased/floured pan I used Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) (choco version). DH is a HUGE chocolate fan and was in heaven eating this. Make sure to serve small pieces with lots of milk!! Will be making this again for sure!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
I found this recipe in my hometown paper and it really is wonderful.We have potlucks at work and I'm always ask to bring this,I have to make two so everyone gets a piece.Because I hate to see co-workers fight!!! So easy this is a winner.Thanx for posting it